Home > Awards
Awards, Certificates, and Honors
Ib has received many awards and certificates for academic excellence and online communications. At the
University of Baltimore in 2009, he received the President's Award for
"Academic Excellence, Leadership, and Outstanding Contributions
to Community Service & the University of Baltimore."
Google Analytics Academy
Digital Analytics Fundamentals (October 2013)
- Provides a foundation for marketers and analysts seeking to understand the core principles of digital analytics and to improve business performance through better digital measurement.
Towson University (TU)
Towson University's Graduate Fellowship Award at a special
ceremony on October 22, 2013.
Towson University Alumni Association Graduate Fellowship
- The purpose of the Graduate Fellowship is to
recognize, encourage, and reward graduate students who demonstrate
the highest levels of academic and personal achievement and
have the potential to become active alumni who will support
Towson University and contribute to their communities.
Towson University Graduate Assistantship Award (2012 - 2013)
- Towson University Office of Graduate Studies administers a program offering a limited number of graduate assistantships to help graduate students cover some of their expenses as well as to give them professional experience as they pursue their degree.
Graduate Certificates/Capstone Projects
Applied Information Technology Program Graduate Certificate — Information Security and Assurance
- A Study of How Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) can transform enterprise IT roadmap, reengineer business processes, and contend with security and privacy ramifications.
Applied Information Technology Program Graduate Certificate — Information Systems Management
- The Impact of Big Data, Digital Analytics, and Governance on Business Processing and Organizational Agility.
*Ib was among 20 outstanding Towson University students selected from a pool of 208 highly qualified students to receive TU Awards in October 2013.
General Board of Global Ministries (GBGM)
Ib and former colleagues from Global Ministries' Mission Communication unit
after receiving awards at RCC Annual Convention in Little Rock,
Arkansas in 2011.
L-R: Ib Dabo, Jay Rollins, Christie House, Melissa Hinnen,
Larry Hygh, Jr. & Dan Licardo.
Awards & Certificates*
Religion Communicators Council Award of Excellence for
Electronic Newsletter (April 2011)
- The annual DeRose-Hinkhouse Memorial Awards are
given annually to active members of RCC who demonstrate excellence
in religious communication and public relations.
United Methodist Association of Communicators Award of
Excellence for Website Content (October 2011)
- The annual United Methodist Association of
Communicators Awards recognizes excellence in communication.
United Methodist Association of Communicators Certificate
of Merit for Social Media Online Content (October 2011)
- In recognition of excellence in communication.
*Ib and former colleagues in Mission Communications
at GBGM shared the awards for
joint efforts in successful online communications.
University of Baltimore (UB)
University of Baltimore Provost Susan Zacur presents Ib with the President's Award at the
UB Annual Merit Awards reception on May 3, 2009. Photo credit: Dave Hahn.
Awards & Certificates
Ib received many awards at UB
for academic excellence and co-curricular activities. Photo credit: David Hahn.
UB Service Award (October 2013)
- Honors alumni who dedicate time and effort to University of Baltimore through volunteer service.
President’s Award (May 2009)
- Honors students for Academic Excellence, Leadership,
and Outstanding Contributions to
Community Service and the University of Baltimore.
Outstanding Member Award (May 2009)
- Honors students for outstanding contribution and exemplary
leadership to the Student Events Board.
Laurence Short Academic Award (May 2009)
- Honors International Students for academic
excellence and co-curricular involvement.
Service Learning Scholar Award (May 2009)
- Honors students for successfully combining
public service with educational goals, thus enhancing
student learning while benefiting the larger community.
Certificate of Merit (May 2009)
- Honors students for academic excellence within the
Management Information Systems Program.
Certificate of Appreciation (May 2009)
- Awarded by the Student Events Board.
Bruce L. Hammonds Scholarship (2007 – 2009)
- Honors students on the basis of strong academic
credentials, ethical standards and dedication to success,
and provides them with a full scholarship for the duration of
their Information Systems program of study.
Certificate of Achievement (April 2008)
- Honors students in recognition of having completed the Rosenberg
Center for Student Involvement's Emerging Leaders Certification
Honors & Recognitions
- Guest speaker at the 2009 Annual Scholarship
Luncheon Celebration hosted by the University’s President Robert L.
- Representative of the Senior Class to speak at the May 2009
UB Commencement Ceremony.
Induction into Sigma Iota Epsilon (April 2009)
- SIE, the national Honorary Management Fraternity,
encourages and recognizes scholastic excellence and promotes
cooperation between the academic and practical aspects of management.
Induction into Omicron Delta Kappa (April 2008)
- Honors students in recognition of conspicuous attainments and
service in collegiate activities. ODK is the national leadership
honor society for college students, faculty, staff, administrators,
Helen P. Denit Honors Program (2007 - 2009)
- The mission of the Helen P. Denit Honors
Program is to prepare our students for the 21st century by
empowering them with the skills and habits of mind necessary
to thrive in a rapidly changing and increasingly
Ib received many other certificates at the University of Baltimore
during his course of study there.
Baltimore City Community College (BCCC)
Phi Theta Kappa Award (2006)
- Honors students who exemplify academic
excellence, outstanding leadership skills and strong
commitment to service.
Citation of Distinguished Scholar (2005)
- Honors students for academic
Honors & Recognitions
The National Dean's List (2005)
- Recognizing academic achievement of
outstanding college students in America.
- Honors students in recognition of high scholastic achievement in business programs.
Fourah Bay College Primary School — Sierra
Awards in Photos
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2013
Connect with Ib
Get in touch!
Ibrahim is one of the most inspiring students I have ever
taught. What he has accomplished since coming to the States from
Sierra Leone is remarkable. His drive, imagination, and ability to
think outside the box serve as an example to us all that the
American Dream is still alive and able to be fulfilled.
— Patrick Smithwick, former University of Baltimore